Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whistles



Sometimes while working as a social worker for the state of Texas

I used to think that Toll Booth Operator might be my ideal job.


You wouldn't take your work home with you
You probably wouldn't worry about your clients (I still might have...)
No long-term relationships
Everyone going through the booth is fairly compliant
Not as many tears (theirs or mine)
No going into sketchy neighborhoods
All of that folding and counting of $$
I could get a lot of thinking done
How hard could it be - really?!
You are probably catching on...

But now I'm thinking
(after watching the crossing guards every morning)
that I would like a job with a whistle...


E and I brainstormed some possibilities
crossing guard
police person
coach
p.e. teacher
band major
dog trainer
gem miner
government or corporate corruption exposer

*bonus points if you can explain the last two!