381 Miles + One Long Day =
Family Picnic + Temple Open House + Wedding Reception
Family picnic at Liberty Park right before Shauna was whisked away to the airport. I'm not sure what happened to all of the other photos. Apparently I was only interested in documenting the fact that Alicia, Bub, Miriam and Regan were in attendance?!
Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House - apologies to anyone who might have seen me trying to change out of jeans into a dress in the parking lot. Hopefully my well positioned posterity outside of the car was enough to hide my posterior. Did I mention that it was HOT and I thought I was going to have a coronary. As soon as I sat down in the "pre-open-house-tent" I felt a feeling of calm wash over me - it might have been the fact that there were industrial-size fans and cold water! In reality it was more than that - I actually started tearing up before the video even started. I love the temple!The tour was self-guided and not very crowded. It was beautiful - the wood trim, the murals, the paintings, and the fabrics were gorgeous. Thanks to Elisa for telling us about the glass medallions. My favorite was all of the upholstery fabrics - very modern - I refrained from touching although I wanted to. The interior design reminded me of a home - appropriate don't you think. Sweet to sit in the sealing room with our girls.
Love the pic of Craig pondering the mysteries of life :)
I quick detour to Syracuse, dinner with more family and a drive north finished off our long day!







