Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I enjoy John Kelly's column in the Washington Post. Last week he had an interesting column about junk mail - now I know that one woman's junk is another woman's treasure and I personally love catalogs. I've been known to take a large stack to read/peruse in the car while waiting for one of the girls. However, I do dislike the constant stream of credit card offers that we receive. I thought I would share a website that the column provided if you want to opt out of credit card or insurance offers: http://www.optoutprescreen.com I know that since registering for the "do not call" list we no longer receive calls from telemarketers and I'm excited that maybe the credit card offers will cease as well. The website asks for your SSN - I don't recommend providing it - in spite of the legitimacy of the site. You can still opt out without providing it.