Sunday, December 17, 2006

Belated Blogging...


I've fallen behind in my blogging - here are a few highlights of the last two weeks. We spent an enjoyable afternoon listening to Emily sing with the Children's Chorus of Washington the music was wonderful and included some accompaniment and additional music by Classical Brass. The concert was held in the sanctuary of the National City Christian Church in downtown DC. The building was beautiful, the organ majestic and the acoustics superb. My favorites were "Gaudete" (taken from the 1582 Scandinavian manuscript, Piae Cantiones), "Praise Ye the Lord of Hosts" from Camille Saint-Saens, Christmas Oratorio, and "Noel Nouvelet" (a traditional French carol). They sang several Chanukah songs as well as a number of well known and some lesser known Christmas carols and songs. I'm still humming/singing the music (it helped that I attended most of the rehearsals to help pass children off)!

Oops, almost forgot another highlight of our Saturday - lunch as a family (well, part of our family, sorry Alicia) at our favorite downtown restaurant Zaytinya's. If you are ever in DC we will take you there. It is fabulous - Greek/Mediterranean/Lebanese mezze!



I took Cristin's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies to a cookie exchange. It was a lot of fun and I came home with some great cookies and recipes to add to our Christmas cookie collection. Even better than the recipes it was a chance to meet many of the newer and younger women in our RS.