Friday, August 31, 2007

The Summer of Our Complete Content

This post is not an homage to Steinbeck and his The Winter of Our Discontent it is a rather belated post that will attempt to capture our summer (post cruise)- truly one of complete content. I've tried to capture the summer by keeping track of the places we went, some of the people we saw and some of the things we did. Each item on the list could be accompanied by a lengthy summary with more detail, inside jokes, side-stories, etc. etc. etc (I"ll spare you that). And can you believe not a single photo of my own?? - I really thought I had taken at least a few pictures but my digital camera went straight from our arrival from Amsterdam to 1st day of school photos of the girls. What was I thinking....

Anyway, here goes:



Zion National Park:
Canyon Overlook
Emerald Pools
Too numerous to count drive-thrus
Angels Landing (A and E)


Bryce Canyon NP (twice)

Grand Canyon NP - North Rim (twice)
Bright Angel Point
Imperial Point
Cape Royal (the most amazing and best view of the canyon - north or south)
Jacob Lake (best place to regale the girls with stories of my youth)

Kanab:
Honey's Jubilee (our favorite grocery store)
Nedra's Too (best tex-mex in Kanab?!)
Gunsmoke Western Town Set

St. George
Little Black Canyon Petroglyph Site (AZ)
Zion Ponderosa: Pool, Climbing Wall, Zip-Line, ATV's, Horses
Coral Cliffs Cinema 8 (Hurricane)
BYU - The Creamery on 9th - lunch and laughs with MD friends
Temple Square & Conference Center
Haacke Motors - Hyundai Sante Fe and the Garmin (affectionately referred to as Gremlin)

Ray Reunion (photos via Elisa/Darin)
family - fun - food
family flags
gps
swimming
hiking
talent show
tie-dye
photo shoot
family shirts

Company: Janes, Killpacks, Elaine
Utah Shakespearean Festival: Twelfth Night and Candida
Cedar City - Alicia's apt. move-in
Sonic - as often as we could
Freaks and Geeks Marathon
High School Musical II
Thunderbird Restaurant
Orderville: Church, Terry's Groceries
Wal-Mart
(It's true we only go to Wal-Mart while on vacation, weird?!)

I have had the hardest time adjusting to "real life" - post Zions. When can we retire??