As a former salesgirl in a gift shop known for its beautiful silver and turquoise jewelry, I truly do have an appreciation for Navajo jewelry, however I'm getting tired of their image in the form of make-up stamps. I finally made it through all of my stray 39 c stamps but now must add TWO to each envelope along with my 37 cent stamps.
Poor Cara, the other day she asked me for stamps for some college applications - she ended up with two 37c and four 2 c stamps on one envelope. I assured her that her application would not be rejected based upon the number of stamps on the envelope. She told me later that she hid them under other papers when she turned them in at the registrars office...
Did you know that during the late 1800's "U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase proposed to authorize postage stamps of some type as a new currency. Much of the public were using stamps as in lieu of change due to a severe shortage of coins. The post office did not like selling stamps for currency and they did not provide refunds for soiled stamps." (Wikipedia)
Who knew?
What is the study of stamps called?
Do you love Wikipedia?
Do you love Wikipedia?








