Sunday, February 07, 2010

Snowmageddon Continued...

Em measured last night after the snow stopped falling and came up with 22-and-a-little-bit inches - add that to the 2/3 inches (unmeasured) that we shoveled on Friday night and I am going to call it 25 inches...

As I shoveled again this morning I thought (and believe me there is a lot of time to think while shoveling) that I would try to come up with...

25 things I am grateful for this weekend...

1) If he is home, my sweetheart takes care of most of the shoveling.


2) Em was pretty good about helping me shovel (she is actually better for entertainment purposes than actual snow removal - but sometimes the role of entertainer is vastly underrated). She was a great shoveling buddy.


3) Electric power - many nearby neighborhoods were without.


4) Hot showers.


5) A fully stocked fridge.


6) A full cache of Diet Coke.


7) Value-size bottles of Advil.


8) Home Church (2nd week in a row).


9) A fully-stocked pantry.


10) Kindle full of reading material.


11) Knitting basket full of knitting projects.


12) Having excellent backing-up and backing-out skills (thanks, Dad), which means that my shoveling consists of a narrow lane from the garage to the road that barely exceeds the width dimensions of my van.


13) Having room in our garage to park the car (no need to dig out a vehicle in addition to general shoveling).


14) The sight of the sun today.


15) The aroma of dinners in the crockpot. (see #5 and #9)


16) The phone calls expressing guilt from my sweetheart. I'm not sure how guilty he felt however while watching the Ag's school the Wolf Pack in person.


17) A call from my sis and a friend to see how we were doing.


18) Em "forcing" me to watch Little Women - can you believe I have never seen the '94 version? She recognized that Laurie was played by a young Christian Bale who she recognized as Batman. I don't know how people do that?? I have no recall for movie stars or singers/groups (ask me about my faux pas regarding Stevie Nicks some day if you are looking for a laugh at my expense).


19) The Post delivered the Washington Magazine on Friday so I was able to enjoy the crossword puzzle at my leisure in spite of no newspaper delivery on Saturday.


20) Area newscasters on snow patrol - (you have to live here).


21) Knowing that there is no way there will be school tomorrow - even though it hasn't been officially announced.


22) Having no where that we need to go - hence the pajama pants (when I'm not outside shoveling).

23) Almost-too-warm hand knitted stockings and hat.


24) The mailman brought my recently ordered lace-blocking wires on Friday before the storm hit and I have been blocking up a storm (pun intended) ever since.

25) Knowing that we are safe and sound :)