Wednesday, February 10, 2010

UFO's

Have you ever seen a


UFO?


Area 51


Flying Saucers



Alien Creatures


?


No!


UnFinished Objects




Nothing like the new year and some snow-filled downtime
to finish up some projects. A little embarrassing to say the least
but also an accomplishment (of sorts?)!



Most items just needed a little finishing - sewing in the ends, blocking
(fancy knitting term involving water, pins and drying time), etc.



I really prefer to start new projects and my basket(s) full of almost finished items really gave me much to think about. For example, what other areas of my life am I leaving unfinished, where else do I stop at 95%, etc. Possible fodder for another post....



Life - Knitting connections ...
this is what too much snow/cabin fever
does to a generally rational/sane person. :)




Bias Cable Jacket and Sleeve Detail
Mohair and Merino (Tess Designer Yarns)





Clockwise from Upper Left: 1) Scarf from the Cashmere Scarf Pattern Collection (JoJoLand) using Malabrigo Sock Yarn 2) Beaded Scarf - SO Original Pattern/Class shout-out to Tam! 3) Two scarves - JoJoLand Magic Moment Pattern with two different variegated colorways of Melody Superwash Yarn (JoJoLand) and 4) Lace Ribbon Scarf (knitty.com) from Malabrigo Sock Yarn.





Random finger-less gloves and socks from random yarns...
Glove pattern and yarn on left found here...
at my favorite yarn shop and sheep farm!


Falling Leaves Scarf/Shawl from a Pattern found here knit with yes, more Malabrigo Yarn (I love it!) The pics don't do justice to the variegated yarn colors... there is actually a beautiful purple that didn't get picked up.




I love this kind of knitting...

Interweave Knits 2006 - Swallowtail Shawl
using Cascade Silk - Sea Foam Green (Tess Designer Yarns)







This is about a years worth of knitting minus a few things that I gave away and does not include the three Caps for Cancer hats that I have finished and a lacy shawl from another JoJoLand pattern/yarn that is finished except for fringe and blocking (more of my 95% "issue"). ..

.... and yes, this is what I do when I should be cleaning my house :)