
Emily has been looking forward to attending the temple with her Young Women's group ever since she turned 12. She had read in the New Era that you should wear your best to the temple and she wanted to make something modest that could be "her best", and asked if we could make a skirt together. How could I say no to that? We ran to JoAnn's on Saturday, picked out a pattern and fabric and spent today working on it together. In spite of the fact that I purchased the wrong pattern - CH instead of CS - and I didn't realize it until after I had started to cut out the pattern pieces - we think it turned out pretty cute. Thank goodness it was a skirt and not too difficult to enlarge. Emily helped as much as she could - the ruffles were a little more than she wanted to tackle. She is planning on wearing it with a white blouse. It is missing some ribbon trim on the ruffles - can you believe I can't find white thread ANYWHERE in this house??? I tried it with the blue thread that we were using for the rest of the skirt and it just didn't work.







