Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Catching Up - In No Particular Order





While visiting with family and celebrating my brother's B'day I learned about a new craft - how did I not know about this already. Vanessa had made a Valentine's Day pillow for my mom and had used a punch needle design in the center of it. She (Vanessa) showed me how to do it (punch needle) and gave me some pointers. We had planned to meet at a great quilting shop (The Corn Wagon) on my way back to Las Vegas to buy supplies, etc. but unfortunately it didn't work out to go together. I ended up going to the shop by myself and it was FANTASTIC. Lucky for Craig I only had a half hour before they closed and lucky for me the airport screeners didn't confiscate my brand new punch needle (they almost did). My first project involves - a sheep - what else?! The pattern above is the one I am doing - check out Pine Mountain Designs Tomorrow the catching up continues....a wedding and Zion's House.