small liberal arts vs. large state institution
in-state tuition vs. out-of-state tuition
majors, majors, majors
close to home vs. far from home
small college towns vs. large urban settings
public vs. private
in-state tuition vs. out-of-state tuition
majors, majors, majors
close to home vs. far from home
small college towns vs. large urban settings
public vs. private
Things have definitely changed since I was making similar decisions - basically I don't remember that there were very many decisions to be made. I could either get a scholarship which would enable me to move a couple of hours down the road (which I did) or get a scholarship and stay at home and attend a state university. Grad school decisions were made even more easily (it was nearby, could be attended part time and I got in - decision made)! I also don't remember studying for the ACT - we just showed up with a couple of pencils, an eraser and a calculator. Today there are tests, prep classes, coaches, counselors, etc., etc.
What an exciting time!
Would you approach college differently if you could do it all over again?
Would you approach college differently if you could do it all over again?







