You don't get very far - distance-wise - when you take steps on an elliptical trainer. However I traveled quite a ways today.
It was my first foray into the gym since having a stroke there in November. I had to sit in my car to gather my courage for a couple of minutes before going in... I think my heart rate was up before I even got started :)
Great welcome from my personal trainer when I walked in the door - she squealed in surprise and ran to give me a hug. I had just finished working out with her when the stroke began. Possibly scared her as much as it scared me. It felt much better feeling walking out to my car when I was finished - as opposed to being wheeled out to a waiting ambulance on a gurney.
Still feel so fortunate and so blessed.
Glad to be back working out - I've actually missed it
Glad to be conquering my fear of returning
and
Glad to be moving forward
(not literally of course -
what with the elliptical trainer
being stationary and all)!
Added Later: Love that if you look really closely you can still see a smidgen of red dust from our summer hikes in Zion's!







