Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy, Happy Birthday!


Happy Birthday wishes to Dad (aka G'pa Byron). I'm not even sure where to start - there is so much to say I can't even begin to make a list: all of the fun things we've done together (star gazing, soap making, antique auctions, singing, laughing), the great places we have been (California trips, National Parks, Europe, John Campbell Folk School), the amazing things I have learned from you (how to tell a joke, geocaching, how to make "you can fill in the blank with just about anything", how to live your testimony) and so much more. The most important thing to me (on what could possibly become an endless list) however, is the way that my dad has always known how to instill in me a knowledge/understanding that I am valued just for being me - not based on my accomplishments, my talents or abilities (things that are sometimes in short supply) but just because I'm me. I like knowing that a part of my being me is because of you! I can't think of a better thing to have learned from a father. Thanks Dad for everything, we love you! (I borrowed the picture from Elisa - perhaps it says it all!)