Sunday, October 01, 2006



We had a great time at the National Book Festival held on the Mall in DC. We heard several authors that Emily was interested in and even got a few autographs Tony Diterlizzi (writer/illustrator - Spiderwick Chronicles, etc.), Louis Sachar (Holes, etc.), Andrew Clements (Frindle, etc.). It was our first time to attend the festival and we learned a few things for next year. A personal highlight was meeting Alexandra Stoddard I can't really describe the experience except to say that there is something amazing about her. You actually physically sense that she lives what she writes and that she is truly her authentic self. I'm not one to gush but it was amazing and inspiring - I wish Mom and Cristin could have been there with me. A special thanks to Craig who became the master at holding places in line and knowing when and where to be in order to see and do all that we planned.