Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh


I love this book - I may have even posted about it before. I read it as a young mother and thought it had been written for me. I still remember being amazed that it had been written in 1955. I try to reread it every year and generally nag any book group I am involved with to read it as well. It continues to speak to me regardless of my changing circumstances or current challenges. It is indeed timeless...

Imagine my delight to hear an entire hour dedicated to discussing it. You can find a link here, scroll down and you can find real audio or windows media feeds. It was part of Diane Rehm's Readers Review (generally very good - helps you create a great reading list). Guests include the author's daughter, Reeve Lindbergh, as well as Kate Lehrer, an author and Lisa Page another author and creative writing instructor at GWU.