As one of her birthday "gifts", Emily was treated to a new haircut (Emily and Miriam must be on the same wavelength - no pun intended). I guess I should explain... hair cuts aren't actually viewed as gifts - but hair cuts at the salon I go to are :) I usually send the rest of the family to Hair Cuttery and treat myself to something else (read more expensive). However, if they are going for something other than a trim (a new look) I usually take them to Raquel (she is the genius behind Cara's frequent color changes)
Emily was disappointed and nervous at first. The girl who swept up her hair kept saying, "Wow that's a lot of hair, that really is a lot of hair." Raquel quickly realized that was freaking Em out and did her best to cover. The top picture is how is was done at the salon - Em really didn't like it. That night she performed in a band concert and a couple of friends(?) said they didn't like it at all. We had a long teary conversation afterward.







