Monday, August 17, 2009

Seeing Signs

Signs of our Times...

This is the east entrance sign - we actually see the Leaving Zion sign first and then see this sign in our rear view mirror - when I see it it means we are almost home!


Private property -

on the fence outside the old Gunsmoke Set outside of Kanab (more pics later)


Oquirrh Mountain Temple (pics and post to follow)



In an effort to skirt some obscure law affecting their ability to advertise with a permanent sign - - ZP creatively parked a very movable sign at the North Fork turn-off. All summer we debated the propriety of dropping the girls off for the afternoon and paying them to hang out in the trailer handing out ZP info to passing tourists - maybe they could have sold sno-cones as well?!




This is one of my favorite signs - I've been meaning to take a picture of it for several years. It just seems like a really bad idea to me to be able to buy lotto tickets, guns, ammo and beer all at this Fredonia Gas Station - yes, you can buy highly-flammable gasoline there as well.

Sounds like the beginning of a bad episode of Cops...

...Gee, Officer, I only stopped to buy gas and then I thought, hey, why not buy a gun today. Then I decided to try my luck with the lotto, and with my $25 scratch-off winnings I grabbed some ammo and started in on a 6-pack. On my way to my truck I ran into this guy who used to date my ex-wife and well, things just kinda got outta control...







Great sign - Em took this as we headed toward the airport.

Sadly it seemed a little too appropriate that morning.