

Emily enjoyed Halloween this year as a chef. Her new chef's jacket and hat could also be used for a "what I want to be when I grow up" dress up day. You've got to try her Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It is hard in 6th grade (1st year of middle school) to know whether to dress up or not. She had an elaborate plan that included "dress up" and "don't dress up" contingencies. She did end up dressing up at school and then went trick-or-treating with a friend in another neighborhood in the evening. They ended the night sleeping-over at our house because they didn't have school the next day. See Cristin, your birthday (11/1) is celebrated all over Maryland! Now I'm not a fan of the sleep-over (for a variety of reasons) so Emily is always very excited when one takes place. In fact, I came home from errands the next day to find her vacuuming and dusting the front stairs (without being asked) as a "thank-you" for the sleep-over. Hmm, I wonder what else she would be willing to do...







