Thursday, November 16, 2006



Saturday and Sunday - generally fairly busy days were extra busy this weekend. Craig and I made a quick run to The Great Indoors to talk over some lighting and fixture choices for the Zion's house. While we were there, Cara helped me at home by staying online until tickets went on sale for tickets to High School Musical the Concert - shhh they are a surprise for Emily. I think they will make a perfect stocking stuffer.
After getting home, Craig went to stake leadership meetings in conjunction with our stake conference. He had a short break before the evening meeting so I met him at Panera for a quick sandwich and soup. The evening meeting was wonderful (as usual - as good as the Sunday meeting always is, I've always thought the Sat. meeting was better). Sunday morning Cara and I went early for a youth choir rehearsal - an advantage to the early rehearsal were great seats for conference!
The youth choir was the highlight of the Sunday meeting. The choir performed numbers from the musical presentation "From Cumorah's Hill". It was a reprise of sorts because a smaller group had performed the entire production during their youth conference in Palmyra. Cara was in the youth conference group and was able to share her talents by playing her flute and singing a solo. The music was beautiful and a sweet testimony of the Book of Mormon. Their closing number was I Never Stand Alone - it was written from the perspective of Moroni and the loneliness he must have felt at the end of the Book of Mormon. The lyrics talk about when you stand with the prophets you never stand alone. It is a powerful message - I hope Cara could feel the power of the words that she was singing. We hurried home for a quick lunch before Craig headed to San Diego for a Deloitte partners meeting and a trip to Utah (Alicia, the house, Kent and family). Little did we know what the next few days would bring...