Monday, January 29, 2007

Everyone Needs a Ribbon Closet



Just got back from the orthodontist's office - Cara's dental saga continues (including a visit to urgent care because of the side effects of her pain meds that I didn't even blog about). While waiting I picked up the January issue of Country Living (I love the magazine but don't subscribe because I really stay caught up just by going to the orthodontist (both Cara and Emily see him and we have the hardest time getting them scheduled together, so I'm there way too often). Anyway - there was a great article in the "Idea Notebook" section titled "Creating a Happy Home" written by Alexandra Stoddard, who is amazing and a must read for anyone interested in discovering and celebrating their own style. I still smile when I think about the opportunity that I had to meet and talk to her at the National Book Fair. Illustrating her article are a number of fabulous pictures from one of her homes. I nearly fell out of my chair when I turned the page and saw a picture of her ribbon closet. I've got great ribbon - now I need a ribbon closet (not quite sure how I'm going to explain this "need" to Craig)!