Saturday, January 13, 2007

It was a Sew, Sew Week...



Yikes, I'm afraid blogging is just something else that I'm not good at keeping current. These are a couple of pictures that we took the week before Alicia went back to school. We made some birthday pillow cases and an apron for one of her roommates. I will have fabric for Valentine's Day pillowcases - how many days 'till Val. Day??! I started to type that Cristin is going to embroider on the pillow cases (thank-you, thank-you) and then I checked her blog - yep, you guessed it, she has already posted them! I LOVE the embroidery! In reality, I'm not really much of a seamstress so the "stress" at the end of the word is most appropriate, but I loved the way these turned out.

The apron was A's idea - she saw one at a little shop in Cedar City and thought we could make them cheaper (ah, she's learning - nothing like having to spend your own hard earned $$!). We picked out the material, I did the sewing and A provided emotional support! I think she also cooked dinner while I was finishing up!