
I'm not much of a scrapbooker although I love scrapbook stores (both browsing and buying) and use the paper/supplies for a variety of projects. One of my goals for this year is to do something with the large number of photos that we have accumulated over the years. With this goal in the back of my mind, I came across a tiny sidebar in the newspaper that mentioned a company by the name of Photo Works that for a fairly reasonable price will publish your pictures in book form (similar to a yearbook). Of course the pages aren't as embellished as they would be if you were doing a traditional scrapbook, but for someone like me (not too crafty, too many photos, not enough time, did I mention too many photos) it seemed like a good idea. I have spent time this week putting together a book to highlight the Mediterranean cruise that we took in 2004 - I figured it was a good place to start. I have had so much fun uploading the pictures (we didn't take our digital camera on that trip??), writing the captions, and walking down memory lane. I just need to do the final proof and it will be finished and on its way here.
This whole process has gotten me interested in digital scrapbook - doing the pages on the computer and then having them printed either in book form or individual pages to put in albums. It seems like that process might be a better fit for me than traditional scrapbooking. I'd be curious to know if anyone is doing digital scrapbooking and has any info/suggestions to share?? Oh, the picture is of our family in Turkey - just outside of Kusadasi in the Solmissos Mountains at the House of the Virgin Mary. (Historically recognized as the resting place of Mary).







