Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Smile!


Today Cara and I spent part of our late morning and early afternoon at the oral surgeon's office. She underwent an interesting (my words not hers) procedure that will allow an impacted tooth to erupt (come in). It actually involved making an incision so that the impacted tooth was visible, gluing on a small bracket, attaching a gold chain and then closing everything up. The chain is then attached to existing braces and the tooth is slowly pulled into the correct position. She insisted on NO PICTURES but I found someone else who was willing and if you are really interested you can see here

Scroll down and view the slide show.

In Cara's case the tooth was not left exposed - but covered up again - with only the gold chain visible. Emily will be having the same procedure in about six months - so she is watching Cara's progress with great interest. Hopefully the recovery will be quick and relatively painless - hey she gets to miss school - that's something isn't it?!

Unfortunately I think they inherited this from me - sorry girls - marry someone with amazing teeth genes!